Bernard Stern?


This last Saturday's Guardian Macazine had a special on 50s interior design (i.e. two pages). And they randomly displayed these lights by Bernard Stern. I say randomly because they weren't mentioned anywhere else in the text or in the shopping guide. But I really liked them. I googled them, and I've had no luck whatsoever; so I'm starting to doubt whether they are by this Beranard Stern at all. They remind me a bit of the Beat lights by Tom Dixon (image below), but in warmer tones, shapes and materials. Which ones do you prefer?

What did you think? 

One Response

  1. gravatar heidi says:

    Gosh, at first I was drawn to the Tom Dixon ones... I can envision putting one or two in my kitchen. But I really like the shapes and colors of the 'Bernard Stern' lights... I'd like have those for my stairwell!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Madrid, Spain
Trained as a Product designer and in Fine Arts (a bit). Now a MA student of Contemporary Art History and Visual Culture. Passionate about culture, trends, rituals and people (and vegan food). Proud owner of Nosideup Etsy store. See more at http://www.mariagilulldemolins.com

When I grow old I want my blog to be...

Nosideup @ Etsy

Followers

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Nosideup. Make your own badge here.