Belly dancing with twins


I've just got this Bellydance For Beginners: Arms, Abs, Hips, Buns & Thighs DVD. I've always had this curiosity to see what it would imply. I have to say this is more of a fitness DVD than a dance one, but as I wanted it to replace my Wii love (at my parent's), it's just as good.

The thing that puzzles me is that the presenters are twins. I find it slightly twisted that these twins agreed to train in exactly the same dances and perform bellydance together. But anyways, I got two sexy, uber-smiley, bare-navel twins on my laptop screen doing their fitness rutine. After much bizarre air-slapping, arse contracting and "feeling sensual" as they ask you to do, I'm after a second and possibly a third DVD. It will all be worth it if they can improve my sense of coordination, which is non-existent. But the wise twins know everything, and they suggest that if doing the hips, arms and legs movements at once is too complicated, I should stick to the hips only.

3 Responses

  1. gravatar T.Allen says:

    I laughed out loud, at your concern for their emotional welfare as I have been known to ask my husband his thoughts on the lives/livelihood of many of my fitness DVD personalities. Karen Voigt for example-she needs to be hugged...the Blanks Jr. guy and his wife...I believe they live a life of perpetual smiling and bouncing.

    Best of luck with your coordination-whatever you do once you get it stay away from the ladies on Yoga Booty Ballet; they're coordination impaired.

  2. I am so thrilled whenever I see someone picking up bellydance. I really love and and hope that other people can find the enjoyment I do in this dance form. If you are looking for another good instructional DVD, I can recommend the one by Ariellah called "Contemporary Belly Dance and Yoga Conditioning with Ariellah DVD." I am sort of biased though since she is my instructor. :) Best of luck with your new exercise routine.

  3. gravatar Anonymous says:

    I was once approached by a local instructor in bellydance while shopping: She told me I had the "perfect build" for it and that I should come try out her class. When I asked her to clarify, what she meant, she told me "hefty girls are perfect". I was so insulted I didn't take her up on it! But... I've always been fascinated by how those ladies make their bodies do all that jiggling without moving their torsos. I might just break down and take a class sometime soon. :-)

    Good for you for trying it!

    Kate

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Madrid, Spain
Trained as a Product designer and in Fine Arts (a bit). Now a MA student of Contemporary Art History and Visual Culture. Passionate about culture, trends, rituals and people (and vegan food). Proud owner of Nosideup Etsy store. See more at http://www.mariagilulldemolins.com

When I grow old I want my blog to be...

Nosideup @ Etsy

View Maria's Pins on Pinterest

Followers

Bookmark and Share
twitter / nosideup
Follow Nosideup
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Nosideup. Make your own badge here.