Q10: Argyle Whale

I've got a surprise for you. And I'm so happy to be about to give it away. I'm starting to publish mini interviews (Q10) with creative, fabulous people. And it's my greatest pleasure to introduce the first of them, Elise from The Argyle Whale, who also blogs. She's absolutely awesome because she a) owns bunnies, b) has a gocco (envy levels soaring now) and a tremendous sense of humour. And she combines it all into little art pieces!



So, I shall hold you back no more, here's the Q10:

1- What makes you happy?

I always enjoy the company of my rabbit friends, shiny new art supplies and hot drinks.



2- What do you want to be when you grow up?

I want to be a better version of my current self. I want to be able to have a successful art career and have a happy family in a lovely home. Is that too much to ask?






3- What could you not live without?

My life would be very unpleasant if I didn't have the support of my husband and regular pep talks from my mothers. They help me every time I doubt myself.


4- What is your favourite object?

I was given an absurd vase shaped like a trout last Christmas and I use it to hold my cooking utensils. I smile every time I shove my spatula into it's gaping mouth.






5- What do you collect?

I have dozens of varieties of teas and herbs that I like to mix and I also have a container full of hundreds of pussy willow fuzz buds that I like to touch.

6- If you had to pick one artist...

Miranda July always delights me and I think she is great in an array of media. (see pic below)












7- What song would make up the soundtrack to your life?

I'm not sure if I've met that song yet but I will say that I sing "Lazy Bones" to myself pretty regularly when I need to get going.


8- Sweet or savoury?

Sweet! Absolutely. I'm tempted to keep a flask of maple syrup in my pocket.






9- Why did the chicken cross the road?

To live as a guest in my backyard and share her fine eggs with me.


10- One piece of advise (in Art, Blogs or life)

Try to keep learning all the time and don't forget to share what you've learned.
A massive thank you to Elise.

2 Responses

  1. gravatar Christine says:

    This was FUN!!!

  2. gravatar Nosideup says:

    Thanks!
    I hope to have some more interviewees soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Madrid, Spain
Trained as a Product designer and in Fine Arts (a bit). Now a MA student of Contemporary Art History and Visual Culture. Passionate about culture, trends, rituals and people (and vegan food). Proud owner of Nosideup Etsy store. See more at http://www.mariagilulldemolins.com

When I grow old I want my blog to be...

Nosideup @ Etsy

View Maria's Pins on Pinterest

Followers

Bookmark and Share
twitter / nosideup
Follow Nosideup
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Nosideup. Make your own badge here.