The Good, the Good and the Ugly: the good - Denys Blaker

Hi everyone.
I've been super busy this weekend and I must say it's been a fabulous collection of days.
So I've got three posts to explain these to you: the good, the good and the ugly (why can't anyone have two days in peace?).


Well, good post number one is about Denys Blacker.
Denys trained as a sculptor and slowly started introducing her body in her work (this even happened literally), developing into a performance artist.
She was performing in Barcelona this weekend and I had the pleasure of being introduced to her. She was showing her heart/mind sculptures, a series of ceramic objects to be used to project goodwill and healing to other people and oneself. It was very poetical.
She also organizes a performance festival in her village every year, where everyone takes part.
Impressive, huh?

What did you think? 

No Responses

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Madrid, Spain
Trained as a Product designer and in Fine Arts (a bit). Now a MA student of Contemporary Art History and Visual Culture. Passionate about culture, trends, rituals and people (and vegan food). Proud owner of Nosideup Etsy store. See more at http://www.mariagilulldemolins.com

When I grow old I want my blog to be...

Nosideup @ Etsy

Followers

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Nosideup. Make your own badge here.